Sunday, May 8, 2011

Oh Mother!

For all my bitching and complaining, I am truly blessed to be a mother to 2 beautiful boys. I think of the miracle of giving birth to them and know that they are my greatest gifts. We sometimes take for granted getting pregnant and having children, but it is something special and fragile and unique to each one of us. And I am so much more appreciative of my mother and what she endured to bring me into the world.

I saw a quick clip on television this morning about what mothers are worth monetarily. Factoring in the hourly wage of cook, driver, daycare giver, party planner, etc., our yearly worth is $61,000+. I'd like to think my time and services are worth more than that, especially since I'm on-call 24 hours a day. Seems like a really good deal if you ask me.

To all my fellow mom bloggers, I wish you joy in being a mother and a gentle reminder to appreciate your mother. We sometimes make it look easy, but it is the hardest job in the world.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet post! And yeah, I feel like what I do is worth more that $61K... a LOT more! lol

    Wishing you a lovely Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete