Friday, May 13, 2011

Book Beginnings on Friday

Katy at A Few More Pages hosts Book Beginnings on Friday. Want to play along? Share the first line (or two) of the book you are currently reading on your blog or in the comments. Include the title and the author so we know what you're reading. Then, if you would like, let us know what your first impressions were based on that first line, and let us know if you liked or did not like the sentence.


An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin

"I am tired, so very tired of thinking about Lacey Yeager, yet I worry that unless I write her story down, and see it bound and tidy on my bookshelf, I will be unable to ever write about anything else."


I love this first line. I am completely pulled in and can't wait to find out about Lacey Yeager and what makes her so compelling to the narrator. I'm curious to see how she fits in to the narrator's life and what becomes of her.

5 comments:

  1. I like it, too. I like the idea of an unwilling writer pursued by his subject matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very interesting beginning!
    Here's mine:
    http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/05/book-beginningson-friday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it too! I like how he's becoming so consumed by this person, his only way to move forward is to tell us her story. All that in one line? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why am I in such a pretty pink and everyone else is in brown?! I don't feel very pink today, so what's up with the pink? It's cute though right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I've been wanting to read this one! I hope you enjoy it!

    Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings!

    ReplyDelete