Monday, May 30, 2011

Musing Mondays

MizB at Should Be Reading hosts Musing Mondays. This week’s musing asks…Describe the last time you were stumped for something to read, and you took measures to remedy that — either by going to the bookstore, the library, or shopping elsewhere. What book did you choose? Did it get you out of your slump?

Although, like everyone else, I have a loaded bookshelf, there are times when nothing speaks to me. I sometimes browse Amazon to see recent releases or best sellers. Oprah's website also offers a monthly list of book recommendations that never let me down. If I need an instant fix, I head to the bookstore and will ALWAYS find a book that's calling me.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, going to the store always helps.

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/05/musing-mondays_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazon is awesome for book ideas. I usually mark my books as owned so I can keep my recommendations up. My husband taught me that trick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just being around books works but then it doesn't. Contradiction???

    Here is my Monday: Mailbox/What Are You Reading?/Musings post!

    ReplyDelete