Thursday, May 19, 2011

Jon Bon Jovi: A Fine Philanthropist

I read an article that said Jon Bon Jovi is Number 8 on the Forbes Top 100 Celebrity list. His recent concert tour is one of the highest grossing tours this year, placing him in the same category as young-uns Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga. Hard to believe after all these years, he's still got it. But he's got it in so many ways.

Let's face it - he's hot. That bone structure. Those eyes. All good. He's a talented singer and songwriter. Nothing to sneeze at. But he's also a philanthropist. Habitat for Humanity is a wonderful project he's a part of building homes in the Philadelphia area.

Now he's opening a restaurant, some say as soon as July, in Red Bank, NJ, serving people whether they can pay or not. Basically, customers are asked to pay, but if they can't, they're expected to do volunteer charity work in return for their meal.

It's nice to see a local boy do good. And it doesn't hurt that the local boy also looks good.


From this       To this







It's all good! Rock on, JBJ!!

7 comments:

  1. You are so right about Bon Jovi, he Rocks!

    New follower here from the hop. I love follow-backs :)

    www.tammykemp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon Jovi is the man, I loved him when I was in college and now my college aged daughter does too. Stopping over from Java's blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Bon Jovi's music - and it's great to hear that he's a philanthropist, too! I love the idea of having people do volunteer charity work for their meal. Congrats on being the featured blogger at Follow Friday 40 and Over! http://RaisingFigureSkaters.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all congrats on being featured this week. I heard awhile back that he did this. For a rocker, he totally rocks!
    ~Naila Moon

    http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/2011/05/turning-point.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's still got it! ;)

    Congrats on your feature over at Java's - nice to 'meet' you...I'm your newest follower! :)

    Aloha: Playdates and Sleepovers

    ReplyDelete
  6. JBJ is da BOMB! Yum :) Stopping by from Java's Friday's blog hop! Congrats on being the featured blogger too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fascinating concept. I wonder if it will work. But regardless, I give him major kudos for having the courage to try something like this. Go JBJ!

    Secret: When I was a teen, I want to get a JBJ tattoo. I never did, but my love for him was that strong.

    ReplyDelete