Monday, May 9, 2011

Musing Mondays

MizB at Should Be Reading hosts Musing Mondays. This week's musing asks . . . Do you ever find scenes from previous books you’ve read popping into your head at random times? If so, does it bother you? If it doesn’t happen to you, why do you think that is?


I do find that happening and it never bothers me. If a particular scene from a book was written that well and I've imagined it so clearly that it can randomly pop into my head, I give kudos to the author and try to read more novels written by that author. I don't necessarily need a trigger, but there are words or pictures that will bring my mind to an author or a book or a scene. Sometimes I'm daydreaming about a scene from a book. That's when you really know it's a good read :)

3 comments:

  1. Good answer.

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/05/musing-mondays_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why but the bad book stick with me more the scene I didn't like or didn't get. Not that there aren't good book with good scenes that I do remember too...I guess I am strange ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it only happens with book I really like, was really involved in. I often have locations, setting as described in a book, pop into my head. I am just surprised that from reading other responses, it seems to happen to some other too.

    ReplyDelete