Saturday, April 25, 2009

Never Happy

I was so looking forward to the warm weather and now that it's here, I feel like someone punched me in the face. This is what typically happens in New Jersey. We go from very chilly to freakin' hot. I believe it reached 88 degrees today, and I was not a happy camper. I have NO maternity clothes for the summer. The little guy was born in early May so I managed to get by with just capri pants and short sleeve shirts. I was in desperate need of shorts and a loose tank top today. And I mean DESPERATE. Fortunately I managed to squeeze my butt in a pair of shorts that I've had for years and tops I bought last year were already big and flowy so I slid my humongous belly under one of those. I can't believe how hot it was, and I can't believe how hot my house still is. I think it's about 83 degrees right now in my living room. I'm sitting in front of an open window that's providing the only cross-draft in my house so every few minutes there's a breeze that I stop typing for and just enjoy. God bless all you women who are pregnant through the summer months. I would never survive. I would never leave the house. I would sit in the air conditioned rooms all day and eat ice cream. Actually, that doesn't sound so bad now that I think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment