Saturday, April 11, 2009

Am I Delusional?

I have this ridiculous idea in my head that I just can't shake. I'd really like to start or join a book club after the baby is born. I just can't get enough of reading novels these past few months. I'm completely wrapped up in them. I can read a book in less than a month - something completely unheard of for me. I used to fall asleep somewhere mid-page within the first 5 minutes of picking up a book. But now, I am reading faster and longer than ever in my life. So why not join a book club sometime in June or July after things get settled with the 2nd little guy? I know - what am I thinking? Like I'm really going to have the time or energy to read a whole book and then attend a monthly meeting to discuss it. I think I've forgotten how exhausting and time-consuming an infant can be. This is why women have more than 1 child - they forget!!! It has been 3 years, after all, since the little guy was born. But isn't it possible that maybe, just maybe, the 2nd little guy will be easier to handle? Maybe he'll be a good sleeper. Maybe he won't be fussy. Maybe he'll actually allow me some time to read and relax between feedings, diaper changes and spit-ups. And if he does allow me that time, maybe the 1st little guy won't be yelling at me to play with him incessantly. Or maybe I'm just delusional.

No comments:

Post a Comment