Monday, April 20, 2009

Belly Flop

What's the deal with every pregnant blogger posting pictures of themselves as they get farther along in their pregnancy? You know what I'm talking about - those profile pictures of week 17, week 21, week 28. Do you honestly think I really want to see your belly getting bigger? I don't. I don't even want to look at myself getting bigger, never mind you, a complete stranger. I know, I know. A pregnant woman is supposed to be beautiful. You know what? That huge belly is just not beautiful. It's odd. It's out of proportion with the rest of your body. I realize that a woman being capable of reproducing an actual human being that is growing inside that belly is beautiful and amazing, but I still don't want to see your ever-expanding waistline on a weekly basis. Don't get me started on pregnant women in bikinis. Oh for the love of God, please cover up. The world knows your pregnant even when you're covered up. The world doesn't need to see your flesh stretched out to the limit. Is it something to be proud of, the fact that you are a fertile woman? To a certain degree. There are thousands of fertile women, obviously. Should it be standard operating procedure for all pregnant women to lift their shirts and show their bump at every possible moment? How about a little dignity, for you and your baby. There will be enough exposure to the world for that child when the time is right - after birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment