Thursday, April 16, 2009

Careful What You Wish For

I had my 6 weeks and counting ob/gyn visit this morning and asked about inducement. I was induced when I had the little guy because I was spilling protein in my urine - also known as pre-eclampsia. Miserable as I've been, I figure why not ask if there are any other situations that would precipitate an induction. The lovely, kind, patient doctor asked when I was doing my next 24-hour urine sample (a story in itself) and I told him in the next 2 weeks. He advised that if I was spilling protein at that time, they would send me in to have the baby. After that point, I honestly don't remember anything else the man said. I think I started to panic. Nine months of complaining and wishing for the end of this seemingly interminable pregnancy, and I finally hear the end could actually be in sight, and I can no longer focus. I tuned him out and only heard what was going on in my head. What do you mean it could be 2 weeks from now? Don't you know the nursery isn't ready yet? I just went over this yesterday - I'm a procrastinator. Not ready for baby. Clothes need washing. Cribs need altering. Changing tables need clearing. Car seats need to be put back in the car. Still don't have anything for baby boy #2 to wear home. How can I possibly give birth when he has nothing to wear home?!? Isn't anyone listening to me? And then it hit me. This is what I wanted. I want to be able to sit down again without trying for 30 minutes to find a comfortable position. I want to sleep on my back again. I want the incessant kicking and jabbing in my abdominal area to stop already. I want my body back. Maybe someone was listening and now I know I can't procrastinate anymore. I have to get things prepared because you never know what can happen or how quickly. If there's something you want, you better be prepared in case you get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment