Monday, April 27, 2009

Back to Normal

So here I am one day appreciating everything I have since my house wasn't torn down by a tornado and I have central air conditioning, and I wake up the next day with sciatica that just won't quit. I have horrible pain from my right butt cheek all the way down my thigh, and I can barely walk today. How, please tell me, how am I supposed to be appreciative of that?? Not only can I barely walk, I can barely stand. I'm leaning on furniture, counter tops, the little guy, all day long. And you know what else? No food tastes good to me today. Nothing. Even the foods I usually enjoy - cheese popcorn, chocolate - just tastes blah. I know my ob/gyn told me that the end of the pregnancy mirrors the beginning, but come on. I've got 4 weeks to go and I have no appetite? That just doesn't sound right. Especially when I REALLY love chocolate. How can chocolate not be appealing? I pray to God that when I have my daily dish of ice cream later tonight it still tastes fantastic, or I'm just gonna cry. I'm not even joking. These are my comfort foods. Do you hear that baby boy #2? I need my comfort food. It gets me through to the next morning. I'm not depriving you of anything so please, just let me enjoy my ice cream and we'll get along just fine when you get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment