Friday, July 29, 2011

No Filter Friday

Time to take off the tape and let loose with what's on my mind this week:
  1. Rumor has it there's going to be a Sex and the City prequel. No, no, and no. Prequel is a word that should never be used in the English language. And, please, don't ruin Sex and the City for me. It's one of the few things us 40-something women can actually relate to.
  2. Shame on the Norway police force for taking 90 minutes to get to the Island where that lunatic opened fire on a camp full of kids. I realize that country is unaccustomed to this sort of situation, but I'm sure the word "emergency" exists in their language. I hate to put the blame on any other person besides the shooter, but there is some wiggle room to point the finger as far as response time goes.
  3. The death of Amy Winehouse, though tragic, makes me angry. She was offered and received help many times. It did no good. She was, in all senses of the phrase, wasted talent. I believe she wanted to be part of this "27" club with Janice Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain and Jim Morrison. My complaint is that the four previously mentioned artists were so much more accomplished than Winehouse. They had achieved much more by the time of their deaths. Now Winehouse will be made legendary for having one pretty good song and dying young. This, in my opinion, does not a legend make.
  4. The fact that 9/11 responders who developed cancer after the 2001 attacks are being denied coverage for their treatment by the federal government is sickening. Just to clarify, the responders who develop asthma, lung disease or mental conditions can receive assistance. But God forbid you develop cancer from inhaling all of those toxins, you don't qualify. I suppose it's just coincidence that all of these young people are developing these rare cancers at the same time. Give me a break! What else can government get wrong?

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! It's not good to keep feelings pinned up. In answering you question about government, just anything and everything - it's too big and there are a bunch of lunatics running the country. I better put tape on my mouth, right? =D

    Have a good weekend!
    Check it out….
    Follow Friday Four Fill-In Fun
    Five Question Friday & More Blog Hops
    Did You Know I’m Sweet?

    Your friend,
    Cathy Kennedy, Children's Author
    The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nevermind sex and the city, I'm waiting for project runway to come back!

    ReplyDelete