Friday, July 22, 2011

Girls Getaway?

Once every year, hubs and his friends from high school go away for the weekend. This is the weekend for them, and they're off to Atlantic City. I'm pretty sure it will be a weekend of drinking, gambling, and swimming (especially since it's 100 degrees here in NJ).

If I'm being honest, I'm not completely okay with these "boys getaways." For one, in our case anyway, we don't take family vacations. With a 5 year old and a 2 year old, we don't travel yet. We're waiting for the terrible 2s and 3s to end before we spoil our, and everyone else's, vacation.

Secondly, hubs and I get very little, if any, time to ourselves. We rarely go out to dinner alone. We don't have a babysitter who can take both kids for a weekend.

Finally, I am with the children 24/7 while he works, plays baseball, and plays in a band. If I get an hour or two each week to myself, without the kids, that's a lot. Why should he get a whole weekend?

I'm sure there are moms out there who get together and go away for a weekend, with no kids and no husbands. Part of me would love to do that. Just the girls. A little shop time. A little spa time. A little wine time. A little alone time. The other part of me would be worried about how the kids are faring alone . . . with my husband. I wonder just how relaxing that getaway would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment