- Twin Mobile DVD Players - At first I thought, wouldn't it be nice for the kids to be able to watch their DVDs when we're in the car for an hour or more, just so there would be peace and quiet and no fighting? I saw dual DVD players for the car before and tried to get hubs to buy them. He thought since they fight over everything else, they'd be sure to fight over what to watch. Guess what? I just found these awesome twin DVD players by RCA that allow you to play 2 different DVDs! Each child can watch what he wants, or the same thing. We all know how that goes!
- Remote Car Starter - I used to make fun of people who had the remote car starters, but now, 2 kids later, I can definitely see where it would come in handy. Start the car from afar, let the engine warm up, even put the rear defog on if it's raining or snowing. This would truly make my life easier on those days when I've got a child in each hand along with a shopping cart or bags or an umbrella.
- Trunk Organizer - If you're anything like me, you will be able to relate to the mess that I call my trunk. Where do I start? I have beach toys, balls, blankets, towels, brushes to clean off my car . . . I can go on and on. I definitely need some organization in my trunk. This non-slip organizer by Rola has movable dividers and can fold flat when I'm not using it. A little organization goes a long way!
- Bluetooth Headset - I can't believe I don't have this dandy little item yet, but I don't. I am in desperate need of a bluetooth. I hate my cell phone and I hate the headset that came with it. I have to drive hands-free in New Jersey or I get a ticket. This is a must-have safety tool for me, especially with 2 little boys in the car. I just might order this gadget once I finish this post.
- Sticky Pad Dash Mount - This could very well be one of the best gadgets ever to be invented. The Sticky Pad by HandStands mounts to any dashboard and holds cell phones, sunglasses, coins, mp3 players, you name it. It's removable, washable, and reusable. It's non-magnetic and temperature resistant. No more fishing for change for the tolls. No more dropping your sunglasses or cell phone when you take a turn. I love this thing, and for about $6, I really love, love, love it.
Sunday, July 17, 2011
5 Things I Wish I Had (In My Car)
I have a great car so I really have nothing to complain about. That being said, there are always a few gadgets that I wish I had to make life for me and the kids (and me) a bit easier: