Sunday, May 24, 2009

No Surprises

I'm getting anxious and I don't like it. There's stuff that needs to get done before you go into the hospital to have a baby, but I seem to be having a problem functioning. So far I've done laundry for the little guy just to make sure all of his clothes are clean in case he starts freaking out for something that's dirty. I've washed and dried whatever was left of the baby clothes that hadn't been cleaned. My bag's been packed for about a week now. I've taken out the bouncy seat and am in the process of washing the cover. By the way, the little guy is taking a keen interest in the bouncy seat. I wonder how this is all going to pan out. I still need to take out the swing and the playpen. I need to do a load of my laundry so I'll have clean clothes when I get home from the hospital and am too overwhelmed to do anything at all. I have to pack a bag for the little guy since I'm not sure how long he'll be at my mom's. I would like to straighten up the house a bit more since I'm going to hate coming home to a disaster area. I think I'm more concerned about the little guy than anything else. He's in for a major disruption of routine, and I want to make it as pleasant for him as possible - which just isn't possible. He has school on Tuesday but I'm not sure yet if he's actually going to make it. I suppose in trying to keep things as normal for him as possible, it would be best if he goes. I don't like knowing when all of this is going to happen - there's just too much to do beforehand and too much to think about. Best to be surprised, but baby boy #2 appears not to be in the mood for surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment