Saturday, May 23, 2009

Induction Minus 2 Days

I went for my final gynecological visit yesterday and scheduled my induction for Monday morning. Ugh - I hate knowing when this will all come down. You know I won't get any sleep on Sunday night because I'll be anxious about the whole thing. What good will that do me? I won't have energy to push this little weasel out. Plus we have to be at the hospital at 6:30am. That's mighty early to get all of us up and out of the house by about 6am. Granted the little guy is up at about 5:30am every morning anyway, but that's still not enough time to get everyone together and in the car. Not sure yet if we'll drop him at my mom's or if we'll have someone come here to stay with him. Haven't quite figured out the logistics just yet. But I'd like to get a shower in before we leave and perhaps a little something to eat since I won't be eating for a better part of the day. A surprise arrival before then would actually be better for me. I don't do well with planned events, especially ones where I'm the center of attention. It reminds me of the night before piano recitals when I was young and learning to play. Or big exams at school, the SATs, presentations at work and now, the delivery of my second child. All cause for anxiety. All turned out okay in the end I suppose, but still, I respond much better to spontaneity. Maybe I'll get lucky this time and baby boy #2 will make a surprise appearance ahead of time. Or maybe he'll stick to the plan and be the obedient child I so long for. The one time I would truly appreciate a little disobedience and it will probably be the one and only time I won't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment