Thursday, May 21, 2009

No Bed For You

I can't believe I'm 4 days from my due date and I still have not had this child yet. I called the hospital this morning because I was supposed to go in for my final non-stress test, and was told they have no beds again. This is distressing. What if I actually go into labor today? Do I just stay home and have the baby in the living room? Maybe wait in hubby's truck in the hospital parking lot and have it there. Why is there no bed in labor & delivery? How many women are pregnant in this area? And all having babies at the same time?? Come on. This is the 2nd time in 2 weeks that this happened. There can't be that many pregnant women around here. I don't see them. Where have they been hiding? I've been out - food shopping, clothes shopping. I don't see you anywhere. I'm starting to wonder if there really are no beds available. How can that be possible anyway? Shouldn't there be enough for emergency situations? Like for me if I go into labor today. This just makes me more nervous about the whole situation. And, quite frankly, I don't like it. I want a nice room overlooking the river - just what I was promised for Christ's sake. This is why I wanted an induction days ago. But no, let's make the old pregnant woman suffer longer and on top of that make her worry that she won't even have a bed to deliver the baby in. Nice. Thanks. Just what I need - another reason for my blood pressure to go up.

No comments:

Post a Comment