Thursday, May 14, 2009

Waiting For a Miracle

I went for my 2nd non-stress test this morning praying for a miracle that someone somewhere would recommend inducement, but no such luck. "Everything looks great!" said the nurse who administered the test. Super. "Ok, so we'll see you next week," she said. Fantastic. Don't get me wrong - I'm eternally grateful and thankful that everything is fine with baby boy #2. I'm just beyond the point of being miserable. I can't walk - I shuffle along. I can't really eat - there's just no room in there. When the baby starts moving around, I could cry out in pain. He's hitting ribs and there are limbs sticking out in all directions at the same time. And now I'm constantly wondering if I'll know I'm in labor so I'm looking for symptoms. Since I was induced with the little guy, I don't know what to expect if I spontaneously go into labor. I'm waiting for my water to break or some major contractions to occur. I don't know what I'm doing. It almost feels like the first time all over again. I go tomorrow to see the high risk group (since I'm 157 years old with borderline high blood pressure) and I'm looking for some sort of mercy. If I could have the baby this weekend, I will be the happiest person on the planet . . . for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment