Monday, May 4, 2009

Excuses, Excuses

So the little guy is 3 and he's still wearing pull-ups. I almost feel like a failure except I have an excuse - I'm pregnant. I don't know how good of an excuse it is, but it is MY excuse. I'm honestly too tired to stay on top of the whole potty thing. And I know I'll be tired after baby boy #2, especially with no sleep, but it's a different tired. When I'm pregnant, I can wake up after sleeping for hours and feel exhausted. I can be rested, fed and basically in a good mood (that is so rare I don't know why I typed it) and yet still exhausted. I always said that the only time I felt good when I was pregnant was when I was sleeping. Pathetic way to live 9 months of your life, but that's pretty much how it goes for me. What would possess me to do that more than once? I really can't say, but ask me again in a few weeks. So that's the story I'm going with as to why the little guy is still in pull-ups. Maybe when he sees his baby brother wearing diapers, he'll decide to use the potty. Is that unrealistic? Probably. But that's all I've got right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment