Monday, May 11, 2009

Quiet Mother's Day

Mother's Day didn't exactly turn out as planned. We were supposed to go to my mom's for lunch but the little guy decided he would come down with a wicked cold the night before. I couldn't chance bringing him around my mom, who is a combined cancer and heart patient. She's too susceptible to illness and shouldn't risk being around anyone sick. The more I thought about it, the more I realized I shouldn't be around her either since I've been face to face with the little sick guy for days and who knows what I'm carrying. So Mother's Day was yet another day at home, feeling huge and miserable, with the little sick guy and dear hubby. It wasn't a bad day, just an uneventful day. I did get what I asked for months ago - a cascading solar fountain for our backyard - plus a Scrabble game to play on my Nintendo DS while in the hospital. I was pleased with the gifts, pleased that the little sick guy followed my husband around all day giving me some peace and quiet, and pleased that all seemed right with the world. Now if only the constant moving being inside my belly would come on out and join us, all would be right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment