Friday, May 22, 2009

Boys, Boys, Boys

What is it with 3 year olds and not listening? I have been battling with the little guy all day to "pick that up" or "come over here" all to no avail. He has no interest in listening to me at all. He just walks away. He's been in time-out, his games have been put out of reach on a shelf, and it just doesn't seem to phase him. Right now there is a pile of toys from a bin on the living room floor. He's watching Diego in the family room. I know, I should shut off the TV and have him clean up. But I'm so tired of hearing myself ask him to clean up, I can't even do it again. I just can't. I don't even want to hear it anymore. I'll be pleased if he gets in his pajamas and goes to bed and we start fresh tomorrow. Maybe that's all I can ask for right now. I just foresee a future of 2 boys never listening to me. Plus a husband who's a bit lax in the clean up department. I'm a bit saddened . . . and troubled . . . and saddened.

No comments:

Post a Comment