Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday Must Haves - Lanterns

Welcome to Monday Must Haves, my place for cataloguing all those things I see in my day-to-day existence that I just gotta have. This week is all about lanterns. I'm in outdoor mode, so I'm focusing on those pretty, and practical, outdoor accessories. While I love to be outside in the summer, I can't stand those mosquitos. I came across a couple of great ideas to help solve that problem.

First up is the ThermaCELL Mosquito Repellant Patio Lantern. Apparently, this lantern does what those smelly sprays and lotions would do to protect you from those pesky mosquitos. Each lantern repels flying insects for up to 12 hours within a 15 foot radius, and refills can be purchased so you don't run out in the middle of a party. The lantern is a classic wrought-iron look, measures 11" high, and would be lovely in the yard or on the porch. It's silent, portable and odor-free. It also produces light so it adds a wonderful glow to your outdoor event. It's cordless and runs on batteries, but the price is right at about $25.
This might not be a mosquito lantern, but you can put a citronella candle in it so it works double duty. This standing black hanging lantern is also wrought-iron and measures 42" tall - perfect next to a bench or a patio table and chairs. It's weather-resistant and the removable glass is wind and waterproof so it can withstand those crazy summer storms we've been experiencing. It's a little pricier at $60 but it's just so pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment