- Two Zone Heating and Cooling System. This is by far the most frustrating, especially in the middle of a heatwave. The upstairs of my house is balmy hot while the first level is quite chilly. Makes it rather uncomfortable for sleeping purposes since the bedrooms are upstairs.
- A Mud Room Dear Lord, how I wish I had a mud room. The mess that gets trekked through my house on a daily basis keeps me cleaning constantly. Now with 3 male persons in the home, it's even worse.
- Separate Laundry Room My washer and dryer are in the kitchen behind louvred doors. I hate it. I hate the louvred doors and I hate the fact that laundry is being done where I cook.
- A Master Bathroom I have a bathroom in the master bedroom, but it's basically a water closet. There's a sink, a toilet and a stand-up shower, and it's very tight. Not much of a master bathroom.
- A Play Room We have 4 bedrooms that are currently being used this way: master, boys, nursery, office. We're in the process of changing the nursery into a playroom. I'm pretty sure it's the smallest of the bedrooms, so it's going to be a room full of toys from floor to ceiling rather than a proper play room.
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
5 Things I Wish I Had (In My House)
I like my house. It's got plenty of room for the 4 of us, and we have lots of stuff in it. But it was built in the 1960s, and there are certain things that it doesn't have that I wish it did, some becoming more evident as the years we live here progress: