- A vegetable garden Sounds easy enough to fix, I know, but we have little critters who eat anything and everything they get their grubby little paws on. I would love to grow our own fruit and veggies in the yard. I'm just afraid we'll be feeding the entire outdoor animal population instead.
- A gazebo I don't want anything big and overbearing. I want a simple small gazebo to sit and relax in the shade. Maybe bring a glass of iced tea and a good book to unwind for an hour while the kids play in the yard.
- A hammock We have two trees that are perfectly aligned to house our hammock - an absolutely beautiful spot to lounge under the trees for a good read or an afternoon nap. Unfortunately, we stored our hammock in the shed this brutal winter and it got chewed up by said critters above who would eat my vegetable garden. We need to invest in a new hammock.
- An outdoor pizza oven Again, I don't need anything big and fancy. Some simple sturdy brick structure that's pleasing to the eye and can cook up my pizzas for outdoor entertaining.
- Wicker outdoor patio furniture We have 2 patio tables and chairs sets, but they're metal with glass tables. I'd love some white outdoor patio furniture with the cushy seat cushions. The mesh metal is practical and convenient, but the wicker is more pleasing and comfortable - in my opinion.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
5 Things I Wish I Had (In My Yard)
I have a decent-size yard with quite a few things in it, but there are some things I wish I had that I don't. I have an inground pool and a deck and pretty ample space (though hubby would love more), but I am yearning for a few other goodies: