Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I Did It

I'm really proud of myself. I set a goal at the beginning of the year to read 24 books, and I just accomplished that goal - with a few days to spare!
 
For those of you who read much more than I do, I applaud you. It's hard to carve out time for yourself to sit down with a book, even if it is for just 10 minutes a day. I used to get all of my reading done at night while in bed. Reading in bed was a great sleeping aid, but it did nothing for getting all those books off of my shelf.
 
I figured two books per month was doable for someone like me. I just needed to commit to it. I brought books with me to pick up the kids and to doctor's appointments. If the kids were busy playing a game or outside in the yard, I picked up a book.
 
Meeting small goals are great boosts for the self-esteem. I just set a new goal for next year - 28 books. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, so I'm taking baby steps. Right now, I'm happy. Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment