Saturday, December 29, 2012

Act of Kindness #5

After the horrific tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut, a great initiative began to give something wonderful to the students who survived and a little something for the rest of us to contribute. Snowflakes for Sandy Hook is a simple project that you can do with your kids.
 
The idea is to create a winter wonderland out of snowflakes at the new school the students will be attending. The link above provides an address where to ship them. You can be as creative or as simple as you like. Having a 6 year old help in the process, I went the simple route. I couldn't remember how to make paper snowflakes, so I found this great YouTube instructional video. Here is a sampling of our snowflakes so far:
 
 
If you're at all crafty, you can totally go to town and make amazing snowflakes. I'm actually pretty addicted to this way of making them. It's really wonderful how no two snowflakes ever come out alike. I'm happy to help in any small way I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment