Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Moment of Beauty

I hate to keep harping on the weather, but it's been unusually warm on the East Coast lately. Yesterday was about 60 degrees and today is expected to be just as warm. Kind of odd for February 1st! I'm not complaining, just quietly waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I did, however, want to share what I woke up to this morning. Across my backyard I saw a complete rainbow. I don't think I've ever seen an end to end rainbow before. I couldn't capture the whole thing on my camera but here's a sampling:

It was so vivid and beautiful. I woke up R, the 5 year old, to look at it and really take it in since rainbows aren't something you see every day, especially full ones. It lasted for quite a few minutes and then was gone just as quickly. I'm glad I got to share that with him. I hope it's something he'll always remember.

2 comments:

  1. You know, on my way to work, north of Harrington in Delaware, I saw a rainbow too! :) How cool...wonder if your rainbow was the other end! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  2. the end of the rainbow..and in Feb!! wow..pretty cool stuff!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete