Friday, February 3, 2012

Book Beginnings on Friday

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted on Friday by A Few More Pages. Want to play along? Share the first line (or two) of the book you are currently reading on your blog or in the comments. Include the title and the author so we know what you're reading. Then, if you would like, let us know what your first impressions were based on that first line, and let us know if you liked or did not like the sentence.

"Billy Litchfield strolled by One Fifth at least twice a day."
~ "One Fifth Avenue" by Candace Bushnell
I'm actually surprised the story starts with a male character considering the novel is set in a Manhattan apartment building occupied by mostly women. Given Candace Bushnell is the author, a la Sex and the City, I'm hopeful it will get juicy.

5 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, I read this one awhile ago. Hope you like it...I thought it was interesting, but not as good as the Sex in the City books.

    Thanks for sharing - that is an interesting beginning.

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST and here’s
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the beginning. I haven's read any books by Candace Bushnell, but enjoyed the tv-series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of Candace Bushnell's books either but I like the beginning of this one.
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Katie Finglas was coming to the end of a tiring day in the salon. Anything bad that could happen had happened. A woman had not told them about an allergy and had come out with lumps and a rash on her forehead."

    From Minding Frankie by Maeve Binchy (my book club is reading this.) I love it. Light!

    ReplyDelete