Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Little Mid-Winter Pep Talk

Ever get the feeling that if you made another choice in your life, things would be drastically different? One arbitrary decision would have made a huge difference between now and what could have been?

These thoughts are the subject of many novels and movies, but if you really think about it, it's mind-boggling and kind of a waste of time.

I'm thankful for the life I have now and the people in it. I admit I do sometimes find myself wondering what would have been, pining away for a more luxurious lifestyle, a more desirable location, a different house. But things wouldn't be as they are now. And now is where I am.

I can make changes to my current life. I can update my home. I can save money to take a luxurious vacation. I can get a job to help pay for the little extras that would make me happy. But longing for something else is pointless.

The choices I have made brought me where I am today. The choices I make tomorrow can change some of that. We are the choices we make. We are accountable for the life we lead. We should own it and embrace the power that we have.

Now I think I'm ready to take on the February doldrums.

No comments:

Post a Comment