Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The R Chronicles

My 5 year old, R, is cute. I know I'm his mother and it's hard to be objective, but he is cute. And I have proof. Apparently, quite a few girls in his class think so, too.

Every day, R comes home from school with another tale of his crush-stricken classmates.

Anna calls me Mr. Handsome.

Carlie was blowing kisses at me today.

Jolie wants to invite me over for a playdate.

I realize they're 5 and 6 years old and it's innocent, but I'm of two mindsets about this situation.

Number One - I'm pleased that girls like my little man. He's a sweet boy and I hope they recognize that and not just his cuteness.

Number Two - This is starting much too early. All I can remember from Kindergarten is the sandbox. Boys weren't even on my radar yet. I don't even remember one being in my class though I'm sure there must have been.

If this is what it's like now, I can only imagine what it will be like in a few years. I'm anxiously anticipating the first phone calls from these progressive little girls. Give me a break - he's still my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment