Friday, January 6, 2012

Not So Good Again

After a sigh of relief that the internal bleeding my mother was experiencing had been caused by a ruptured blood vessel in her stomach and not the return of cancer, I found out this morning that there is still some bleeding going on somewhere inside her.

Her hemoglobin is dropping and the doctors need to go back in to do an endoscopy and colonoscopy to see if something is leaking or if there's a different source of the bleed. Talk about frustrating!

My mother has congenital heart disease on top of all this, so there's only so much her heart can take. We were so pleased that they were able to go in, stop the bleed and get out without any repurcussions. Now I'm sitting, waiting, praying that all goes well the second go around.

I know it's said God only gives you what you can handle, but come on already!

1 comment: