Thursday, January 5, 2012

Good, Good, Not So Good

Things are looking up today.

It turns out Mom had a ruptured blood vessel in her stomach that was causing internal bleeding. The doctors did an endoscopy, found the bleed, quarterized it and stopped the bleeding. Hopefully she'll be able to recoup in a couple of days and be sent home. Thankfully this episode had nothing to do with cancer.

D, the 2 year old, went to preschool for a 2nd day today and I'm pleased to report there were no incidents. The school didn't call me and he stayed the whole time. Apparently the only time he cried was when he saw me at pick up. Way to go, D.

I was able to put away quite a few Christmas items yesterday but, unfortunately, I managed to pinch a nerve or something like that in the process. I suppose going in and out of the attic quite a few times did some damage to the muscles in my neck, and now it's painful to turn my head. Kind of makes driving, talking animatedly, sleeping and just about everything else, a bit difficult.

All things considered, the day was a success.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't funny how the tiniest pain can put you out? I has a pain in my shoulder that made everything complicated. What were your mother's symptoms? I am glad she is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete