Thursday, January 12, 2012

Don't Count My Calories

My husband really tries to eat well. He's a calorie counter. He's a label reader. He's driving me crazy.

I have nothing against being and eating healthy. I've been trying to increase my fruit and vegetable intake. I eat whole grains and fiber. I try to cut out junk food (try being the operative word). For me, that's eating healthy. Not for him.

He will buy fat-free or low-fat everything possible when he's food shopping. He recently starting buying tofu. I'm not going to eat that. I'm usually perfectly fine with other items he buys though. I'll eat most of it without complaint. There are, however, certain items that just don't taste as good without the fat. Like cheese popcorn. Low-fat cheese popcorn tastes terrible, in my opinion.

I like food. I'm not overweight and, until I had my microsurgery this past Monday, I worked out every day. Could I eat better? Of course. Could I work out more? Sure. But I believe if I want to eat a cookie or have some white cheddar popcorn, please let me and don't ask if I know how many calories or saturated fat are in them. I don't care. I want to enjoy a cookie . . . and maybe a piece of chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment