Monday, January 16, 2012

Golden Globes Fashion Wrap-Up

Last night's Golden Globe Awards did not disappoint as far as fashions go. There was a lot to look at and a lot to enjoy. Here are my top 3 favorite looks of the night:

1. Jessica Alba in Gucci - I loved this dress and the lavender/blush color worked beautifully on her. This dress is definitely being overshadowed by my next two picks, which is partially why I placed her as my first choice.


2. Angeline Jolie in white and red Atelier Versace - Stunning. Glamorous. Old Hollywood style with a taste of modern flair in the red on top.


3. Sofia Vergara in custom Vera Wang - She hits it out of the park every year. She knows the mermaid style dress looks fantastic on her body, and this beautiful peacock color was a refreshing change from the night's other colors, or should I say non-colors.


I would like to add I also loved Kate Beckinsale in a blush Roberto Cavalli, so I'm throwing her in as honorable mention. Simple perfection.

And here are my top 3 worst dressed of the evening: (If you're surprised by these next 3, so am I.)

1. Michelle Williams in Jason Wu - I love Michelle Williams but the question is "why," not Wu.

2. Sarah Michelle Gellar in Monique Lhullier - Ink blot, tie-dye, bedsheets. Whatever you want to call it, it didn't work.

3. Nicole Kidman in Versace - Can someone please help this woman? She looks washed out with nail head trim.



No comments:

Post a Comment