I don't know about you, but I just can't seem to completely grasp this mommy thing. I know I'm messing up my kids and was wondering if I'm the only one. So I decided to gauge just how bad I'm doing by posing some mommy questions to all of you in the blogosphere. Please take into account that I am 41 and have 2 boys under the age of 4 (she says, obviously looking for sympathy). Feel free to comment back to let me know just what a screw-up I really am :)
1. Do you shower before you drive your kids to school in the morning? I do. There are those mornings when I just don't want to get out of bed before everyone else to shower, but I do. Granted the 4 year old only goes 3 mornings a week now so I think this might change next year when he goes every morning. I will say that I do seem to get so much more done on those days when I'm up and showered bright and early.
2. Do your kids brush their teeth every morning and every night? This is a sore subject for me. I've been so remiss when it comes to their teeth. I thought since they were little it didn't really matter. These teeth are only temporary and will eventually fall out anyway. Boy, was I wrong. Learned my lesson with the 4 year old. Let's just say lots of dental work, lots of crying.
3. Do you cook a separate meal for your kids at supper? I cannot believe I am one of those moms who asks her kids what they want for supper and then makes it for them!!! I swore I would not be a short-order cook, but apparently I am.
4. Do your kids eat at the dinner table with you? I did not grow up this way and have no idea why I'm allowing it. My kids eat in the family room, at the coffee table, in front of the television. I know, I know. Bad, bad, bad mommy!! Not only do I cook a separate meal for them, they don't even eat at the dinner table. And to boot, baby boy doesn't even have a chair at the dinner table yet.
5. Do your kids go to bed at night or do they fall asleep with you or wherever they land? Again, I cannot believe I allow my children to fall asleep wherever they are. I went to bed every night with a book. The 4 year old falls asleep on the couch and baby boy falls asleep with me in my bed before I transfer him to his crib. Can I screw this up any more?