Sunday, January 6, 2013

What's a Paranoid Hypochondriac To Do?

I know after 43+ years of being on this Earth, I should never read or watch new reports about any kind of sickness. I am paranoid and a bit of a hypochondriac. Having kids has only seemed to exacerbate these pesky qualities. As some of you know, kids are infamous germ magnets.
 
So when I decided to watch a clip this morning about the flu going from bad to worse this year, I started to panic. I'd heard, from the pediatrician no less, that flu is rampant in his office. The worst he's seen since swine flu a few years back. Not great news for a paranoid hypochondriac.
 
My kids and I have been vaccinated. Ok, we're kind of safe. Unfortunately my procrastinator husband has not. He rarely gets vaccinated, and I fear he won't again this year despite my gentle reminders. He always seems to be too busy . . . doing what, I'm not sure. Seems like a no-brainer to me. Take 10 minutes, go to the drug store and get a pinch. Done.
 
But how do you make someone do something they're just not too interested in doing? He's a grown man, after all. I can't put him in the car and drive him there myself. Or can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment