Thursday, January 31, 2013

Decor Mid-Life Crisis

My tastes are changing. I don't know if it's a mid-life crisis thing or just a new chapter of my life, but I am liking certain things for the first time or not liking things I've liked forever.
 
It started around Christmas decorating time. A few years ago I started collecting nutcrackers. Each year, we put them all out on the fireplace hearth. All 80 + of them. That's a lot of nutcrackers. This year, I had no interest in putting ANY nutcrackers out. I wanted to go minimal. So no nutcrackers adorned our hearth. Very few decorations came out anywhere in the house. Less felt like more.
 
Decorating-wise, I have always been a modern furniture kind of girl. I have a red sofa with black accents in my living room. Now I'm all about cottage style. Easy, pastel-y muted color combinations. The more white decor I can find, the better. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage that in my red and black living room.
 
I want to paint everything white and put teapots and flowers everywhere. There's nothing wrong with that, right?
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment