Sunday, April 10, 2011

And So It Goes

Yesterday morning, my friend lost her husband to stomach cancer. He was 40 years old. He leaves behind 2 children, a 4 year old girl and a 7 month old boy. I knew the call was coming, but hated that it came.

The obituary says he died peacefully. No yelling. No crying. I suppose that will come after, or perhaps now.

I'm attending the wake tomorrow but wanted to see him again as I knew him, before the cancer changed the face, the man I knew. I went on his facebook page this morning, and I wept. So young. So strong. So handsome. So inexplicable.

I've exhausted my ability to make sense of such a senseless death. I'm tired of searching for a plausible reason those children have no father, my friend no husband. I want to say he's in God's hands now, at rest, at peace. I want to say everything happens for a reason. I want to say it's all a bad dream, a nightmare. But I can't.

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry this happened. There really are no answers that make sense. I'm sure his illness and passing has touched and opened many, many hearts and love is flowing. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for his sweet family. I'll keep them in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stopped in from the Lady Bloggers Society and I am so very sorry about your friend and the devastating loss of her husband. We'll never know why some people have to go through hardships while others don't...but we still ask the question and always will. I'll be praying for your friend and for her children. I pray God wraps his arms tight around them and that they find comfort in the support of all of those who, like you, will surround them with love.
    ~Carrie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear this...Life is very unfair :( I can't imagine the pain his wife will feel...and his poor children...So unfair

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for your friend's loss (and yours). I hope that you will find the stength to be there for your friend and her children in their time of need.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending you love and peace at this terrible time. It's so hard when loved ones leave. Blessings to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete