Friday, April 8, 2011

I Love New York

While channel surfing last night, looking for something not incredibly painful to watch, I came across Cash Cab. I've heard about this show but never actually watched an episode. I was pinned to the couch for an hour watching last night.

First of all, Cash Cab takes place in NYC. If you don't know this about me yet, I am a city girl living the suburban life. I can't get enough of anything to do with NYC, especially TV shows featuring its sites.
So the cab picks up its fare in the city and takes them to their destination (or not, depending on how well they answer the questions). A couple of the destinations last night were Southstreet Seaport and The Russian Tea Room (ooh lala!)

During the trip, the fare plays a Jeopardy-like game for cash. In my opinion, these questions are much harder than Jeopardy. I answered less than a handful of questions over 2 episodes. I'm a friggin' moron! My husband, on the other hand, is ridiculously smart. That's another post though.

I can't get enough of this show. The driver, Ben Bailey, is entertaining. The fares are surprisingly intelligent. And the sites of NYC cannot be beat. I'm hooked.

1 comment:

  1. We love Cash Cab. We actually sit down as a family and watch it sometimes. The scary thing is that my kids (12 & 14) can usually answer more of the questions than me.

    ReplyDelete