Monday, April 25, 2011

Musing Mondays

MizB at Should Be Reading hosts Musing Mondays. This week’s musing asks…Do the members of your family read? Do you think it was passed down to you? Or, if you want you can answer this: Who do you think influenced you as a reader?

My father always read books, just not to the extent that I think I do. There is always a bookmarked book on the table whenever I visit him today. My mother did find the time to enjoy reading once we were grown and out of her hair, though now she doesn't have the patience to sit and read. I know as a young child I loved to read. I'm not sure if it was my father that was the influence or if I simply loved the look and feel of a book ~ as I still do today.

2 comments:

  1. My dad read more than my mom too! He liked westerns, my mom liked a variety of books and I can remember her reading magazines, lots of magazines.

    Here's My Musing

    ReplyDelete
  2. gee, my mom would be reading as she told us to make our own breakfast and to clean the house. she had her priorities! lol

    ReplyDelete