Tuesday, December 14, 2010

You Oughta Be In Pictures

Ugh - I'm so busy trying to get ready for Christmas that I keep forgetting to post. Good news is the Christmas cards are finished and mailed out. That was weighing on me for days. Actually writing the cards wasn't that bad but getting a picture taken of the boys was a nightmare. It was easy getting the the big boy posed for a picture but the little terror would not sit still. He was ALL OVER the place. Then one would look at the camera and the other would look at the floor. I finally understand what Moms mean when they say they can't get a good picture of the kids. This is the first time it's happened to me, and I'm sure not the last. Then it was deciding on what kind of background to use. I like a traditional Christmas picture - the tree, the fireplace, trains. Dear hubby is of another ilk. He wants musical instruments or superheroes with Santa hats. Really? Is this what I'm subjected to for the rest of my life because I have sons? It's bad enough every birthday has to be a superhero, does Christmas need to be tainted as well? Anyway, here's the pic we finally decided upon:
I wasn't thrilled with the fact there was a drum set in our Christmas picture, but the more I looked at it, the more I liked it. Both boys look good even though they're not looking at the camera. In essence, I gave in and approved this photo. I wanted to be done and I couldn't bear another photo shoot. So this is the photo that went out to 50 friends and family members this year. And I'm finally finished! Now for the wrapping of the packages . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment