Monday, December 20, 2010

Little Bit of Wine Just in Time

Sometimes, you just need a glass of wine. I've come to that realization in the past week. I've been feeling so stressed and overwhelmed and I'm not even sure why. Somewhere around 4pm-5pm, I pour myself a glass of wine and sip it while I'm making dinner. I start to feel better in about 30 minutes. I'm not one to condone drinking to help deal with your problems, but I think it calms me down. Anyone who knows me knows I am NOT big drinker. Never have been, never will be. I never really drank much in college either. It's this whole "out of control" thing that bothers me. I need to be in control. If I drink too much, I have no control over myself. Same thing with anaesthesia - hate it because I have zero control. Anyway, my point is when I'm feeling like I can't take anymore, a few sips of wine seems to slow me down and relax me. Nothing wrong with that, right? Plus I hear a glass of wine is actually good for you so I'm saving myself a trip to the doctor by self-medicating. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment