Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What To Do, What To Do

D is 3 years old and still has 2 years of preschool to go, but I'm already contemplating what to do with my life once he's in school full time.

I'm immensely bored at home. I never thought I would say such a thing, but it's true. I feel useless and like I'm not contributing. Yes I do laundry. Yes I vacuum. Yes I wash dishes. Yes I make beds. It just doesn't feel like enough for me.

I want to do something more. I want to move my brain. I want to earn a paycheck. I want to feel valued.

I have my teaching certificate and have been seriously considering looking for something in education. I would prefer to be a subject teacher, but I'm K-8 certified with no specialty. I don't even know what I would get certified in if I did consider getting a specialized certification. Story of my life - I don't know what I want to do.

Bright side is I'm focusing on a particular field - education. Maybe in the next 2 years I can narrow it down a specialization. I know what I don't want to do. I don't want preschool or kindergarten - still too young. I don't want 5th grade or older - too fresh. I suppose somewhere between 1st and 4th grades would work for me.

Okay, I'm on a roll now.




No comments:

Post a Comment