Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Baby's Off to Big Boy School

Tomorrow my 5-year-old, that one up there on my banner, starts Kindergarten, and every time I speak those words my stomach flip flops. He's been to preschool for the past 3 years, but this is full-day kindergarten. I'm a nervous wreck.

I think I'm most nervous about the bathroom situation. He never used the bathroom in preschool . . . ever. Granted the amount of time he was there was minimal - 2 1/2 hours. This is a different ball of wax. He'll be in school for 6 1/2 hours every day. I'm SURE he can't hold it for that long. I just hope he goes . . . and I don't mean in is pants.

I'm confident he'll make new friends. He's a friendly boy, moody at times, but friendly for the most part. None of the kids from his preschool will be in this school, and that gives me pause. He LOVED preschool. He loved his preschool friends. See . . . there goes my stomach again.

He's entitled to take the bus, but I think we're opting out for now. I just can't put my little boy on a big yellow bus and watch him ride away for the whole day. I'll need a box of tissues with me every morning. I feel better dropping him off and picking him up. I need to maintain some sort of control over this school situation.

So for tonight, I'm anticipating a sleepless night . . . by me. All the worries and trepidation will come to a head as the day I've dreaded is finally upon me. My baby is going to big boy school. Can someone please hand me a tissue?

No comments:

Post a Comment