Sunday, November 21, 2010

Oh Heavenly Brunch

When I was organizing a moms group, I used to schedule a monthly brunch. Hardly anyone ever showed except one woman, who I am still friends with and, go figure, still see over brunch. We went this morning, first time in a few months, just the two of us, and it was sublime. I can't say enough about brunch. I think it should be a mandatory weekly event. It's just so fantastic - the different foods, the endless coffee/tea, and the ability to get up and fill your plate as many times as you like. What a treat!! I don't have to cook and I can eat as much as I want. I went through 2 personal pots of tea and about 3 plates of breakfast/lunch/dessert. This may sound cruel, but the best part for me was having a couple of hours sans children. That's what I call heaven on a Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment