Friday, December 9, 2011

Book Beginnings on Friday

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted on Friday by A Few More Pages. Want to play along? Share the first line (or two) of the book you are currently reading on your blog or in the comments. Include the title and the author so we know what you're reading. Then, if you would like, let us know what your first impressions were based on that first line, and let us know if you liked or did not like the sentence.

"Selden paused in surprise. In the afternoon rush of the Grand Central Station his eyes had been refreshed by the sight of Miss Lily Bart."
~"The House of Mirth" by Edith Wharton

I love these opening lines. The location is New York and there will some sort of romantic involvement. That's all I need to know.

2 comments:

  1. I forgot how much I loved the opening of this book. I read it about a year ago for my book club, and really enjoyed it. I plan on reading more Edith Wharton in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a book on my TBR forever now.. Need to read it soon..:) thanks for this glimpse.. do hop on over when you can..

    ReplyDelete