Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I Am Thankful

At T minus 2 days to Thanksgiving, I might as well post my "thankful" post today since I'm going to be busy cooking for the next 48-72 hours.

This has been an exciting year for us with our oldest starting Kindergarten. It was a bumpy start with tears and protests, but he's adjusting beautifully (she optimistically says before the long holiday break). I am thankful that his (and my) transition to full day public school is working out well.

Baby boy is getting ready to attend preschool. Though we are going through an incredibly clingy phase right now, I hope, once January rolls around, that he will enjoy playing a couple of days each week with people his size and intelligence. I am thankful for him because he is my full time playmate these days and such a joy to us all.

I am thankful that my parents are here to spend another Thanksgiving with us. They are battling numerous ailments and getting up there in age (80s), so for each day they push on through and keep moving forward I am incredibly thankful.

I think we have so many blessings that we forget to take notice of them all, and maybe even take them for granted. It's nice to pause and reflect on what is important to us and give thanks for it. It takes just as much time to give thanks for what we do have as it does to complain about what we don't.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment