Saturday, August 28, 2010

Power Play

My 4 year old is getting quite mouthy lately. He never just does what he is asked to do. He always says "no" or "no way." And he's usually yelling "no" come to think of it. There's always a battle going on in this house and the 4 year old is 99% of the time my opponent. Even things that the normal 4 year old would enjoy turn into a struggle.

"Let's go to the park."

"No. I just want to stay home."

"Come on. Go put on your shoes and we'll go play for a while."

"No thanks. I want to stay here and play SuperWhy video games."

"It's a beautiful day and we could use some fresh air."

"No way."

Seriously, what 4 year old doesn't want to go to the park? Of course, when we get there, then it's a battle trying to get him to leave the park. This powerplay is continuous and it's all day long and it's exhausting. After about 15 minutes of arguing, I wind up reminding him that I am the adult and he is the child and what I say goes. And I'm usually yelling come to think of it . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment