Monday, August 9, 2010

Reality . . . Check!

I've come to the realization that I am a reality tv junkie, and I'm not proud of it. It all started so simply several years ago when I happened to put on the finale of season 1 of American Idol. It's been downhill eversince. To defend myself, I enjoyed watching people in talent competitions. First Idol, then Dancing With the Stars, and wrapping up with Project Runway. As far as I'm concerned, all legitimate singing, dancing, designing competitions (at least that's what I tell myself). After baby boy #2 was born, I found some extra time to surf through the tv channels while breastfeeding and happened upon the Real Housewives of NJ. Check, please! I was hooked and there was no turning back. Fast forward a year later and here is my list of reality tv that I watch religiously or just watch when there's absolutely nothing else to watch (wink, wink):

American Idol
Dancing With the Stars
Project Runway
Real Housewives of NJ
Real Housewives of DC
Say Yes to the Dress
Jersey Couture
Jerseylicious
DC Cupcakes (Why? I have absolutely no idea!)
Jersey Shore (I know, I know. Snooki this!)

I'm pretty sure I've seen an episode or 2 of a few others, but I just don't remember them right now. I will say I am completely Bachelor/Bachelorette-free, I've never seen one episode of Survivor, I've never seen those shows where contestants eat disgusting things that make them throw up, and I've never been a fan of the make-over show a la The Swan (which my husband absolutely LOVED). If there's any consolation for me, it is there that I draw the line. I just read today that a new show, Sister Wives, is coming out in September. This show follows a polygamist family in Utah with 4 sister wives in the same vein as Big Love. I'm fessing up now - add it to my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment