Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Dreaded Summer Cold

The boys are pushing through a summer cold, and I'm the one feeling run down and exhausted. It started with baby boy's ever-running nose on Sunday. He sneezed the day away while I wiped his nose incessantly and then he seemed to be fine. It never really progressed into much of anything. He's got a stuffy nose know that requires some wiping here and there but he's a tough cookie.

The 4 year old just started sneezing with a runny nose today. Oh the drama. This child gets sick a lot and it's always a production:

"Blow your nose."

"I can't."

"What do you mean you can't? Just blow."

"I don't know how."

"You've been blowing your nose for over 2 years. Now blow."

"I can't. I can't. Waaa! Waaa!"

Inevitably, the non-nose-blowing child winds up with a sinus infection which then requires antibiotics. And it's only August . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment