Friday, March 22, 2013

No Filter Friday

I haven't taken off my filter in almost 2 years, and I think it's time to revisit No Filter Fridays. Here's what's been bothering me lately. Feel free to take off your filter and let me know what's troubling you.
 
  1. I cannot get past the lack of common decency among some of our youth today. Have any of you seen this boy on the news or online? The backstory is this teenager apparently shot and killed 3 other teenagers at an Ohio high school last year. While the victims' families are reading their impact statements, he's smirking, laughing, wearing a shirt that reads "Killer" and then gives the families the finger.
     

    I get so infuriated when I watch this, I just want to smack some sense into this senseless boy. What happened to morality? Respect? Right and wrong? I fear for our culture, our society, when I hear about this behavior. Not to mention the fact that he actually killed other people. I could write pages and pages about my feelings toward the state of our country when it comes to gun violence. This is not the world I want to live in, no less raise my children.

    I don't know how we got here, to a point where there is no consideration for the life of another person. Is it violence on television? Movies? Video games? Some would say it's because we're slowly but surely removing God from our culture. I'm not sure anyone knows the why or the how. I do know that something needs to change.


1 comment: